About United Healthcare
UnitedHealthcare, created in 1979, is part of UnitedHealth Group, the largest single health carrier in the United States. This same year, the company introduces the first network-based health plan for seniors. It wasn’t until 1997 that UnitedHealthcare was selected to provide health coverage to the AARP members. As recent as 2015 the company held (for the 5th straight year) the top ranking in the insurance and managed care sector on Fortune’s 2015 “World’s Most Admired Companies” list. UnitedHealthcare’s mission is “to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone”.
Insurance Products sold:
- Medicare Supplement Plans
- Medicare Advantage Plans
- Medicare Part D Prescription Plans
- Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
United Healthcare Medicare supplement plans are sold in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and most U.S. territories.
- M. Best A Rating (Outlook Stable)
- Standard & Poor’s AA – Rating
- More than 3.5 million Medicare supplement lives insured (more than 31% market share)
- Ranked #14 in 2014 Fortune 500
- Ranked #39 in 2014 Fortune 500 Global list