Founded in 1853 in Hartford, CT, organized to sell life insurance products. With the start of Medicare in 1966, Aetna pays the first claim of Medicare. Medicare supplement plans are offered through Aetna Health & Life Insurance Company, Aetna Life Insurance Company, American Continental Insurance Company, and Continental Life Insurance Company of Brentwood, Tennessee.
Insurance Products sold:
- Medicare Supplement Plans
- Medicare Advantage Plans
- Medicare Part D Prescription Plans
- Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
Through the many brands owned by Aetna products are offered in all 50 states.
- M. Best A Rating
- Standard & Poor’s AA- Rating (Very Strong)
- Moody’s A1 Rating (Good)
- Ranked #49 in 2015 Fortune 500
- $58 billion operating revenue